Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday's fun in the sun?

Well, not really. Until the afternoon when the sun did come out for a little. So we started out the day around 6:50 am, making it to Dover a little before 8:00 am.



It was a gray and gloomy misty and foggy morning. There was no one in the fan zone but us and maybe a hand full of people who also were crazy to come out this early. The gates for the track didn't open until 9:00 am so we had a hour to fool around. Once the gates opened we got to watch them get the trucks ready for quilifing. We don't know too many of the drivers, I' saying maybe 5. But I was happy to see Kevin Harvrick's 33 of Ron Hornady get the pole. Was cool to see quilifing, very different then a race but just as exciting. Just wish I knew more of the truck guys! Next time :)



So after we watched the truck quilifing was cup practice :) And I took a TON of pictures. LOL Was trying to get the cars up close as they went by both on the track and pit road. Got em on pit road but the track was another story! LOL I did manage to get some up close of Logan's 'guys'. LOL If you happen to go to a race, I highly suggest the fanview. This is the first time we got it and Logan and I LOVED it! If you have a spring phone it's $29 and then $15 for another head set.



We skipped Nationwide practice to do some much needed shopping on Logan's part. He had $100 that he took with him, and it wasn't long before it was all gone. Our first stop was the Jeff Burton hauler to get a shirt and hat for Sunday. And on our way there, we even got to see him! Logan got a signed hat, then another hat and shirt combo. Then we went from hauler to hauler collecting all the cars for his version of NASCAR on the track he made. He also got a Ryan Newman shirt and hat and then a David Ragan signed hat too! Then we did the fan zone for a bit, but we weren't too impressed. The only thing they had that Logan seemed to like was the Sprint area. You got to sit in a simulated fake car and drive the Daytona track with 5 other people. Was really cool! But I'm hoping it will be better on Sunday!



Then it was back up to the stands for the end of the nationwide practice and cup pole quilifing. Jeffrey Earnhardt, Dale Sr.'s grandson was attempting to get in the race but near the end of practice he hit the wall. Was upset. Would have been cool to see him get in the race. In cup practice, Kasey came out first and did pretty bad but is starting 2nd so I was happy. The 00 is on the pole, weird! LOL Jeff Gordon crashed WHOO HOO! And did the poeple cheer!! LOL



Then after they did the pre-race activities and drive introductions and fired the cars up, the heavens opened up and it poured! So we ran, out of the stands and into the Grotto pizza tent. We sat there, for about 30 minut'es with a bunch of other race fans. Then ran about a half mile to the car. At one point I even took my flip flops off because they were so slippery, then I said hell with it, I'm going put them on and walk. After all, I was already soaked! So off to home we came! Tired, red from the clouds and wet!

Here are some other pictures that I wanted to share...





0 comments: