Day 1 Sunday June 21
Our first day in New Jersey was spent at the Cape May County Park and Zoo. We had been there before so I didn't take many pictures, saving my space for the beach and other stuff I found more interesting. We didn't go to the park, so we did this time, found a nice gazebo, got chased by geese and Logan got a chance to play at the park. Once in the zoo, we got to see two cool things; the lion roaring and the bobcat jump up his cage to see if he couldn't caught a couple birds. Was really cool and Logan just loved it!
Since we had some time before we could get into the room and the other place I wanted to go to was closed due to rain we headed down the to coast and went threw a couple of beach towns; Avalon and Stone Harbor. On our next trip were going to go and check them out some more. Along with Ocean City NJ. The houses were just beautiful!
Once we got checked into the room, we headed to the boardwalk and Logan and I did some rides with the old card we had. Got back to the room about 10 pm for bed. Was up since 5 am so I was so tired!
The pretty gazebo, just wish we could have gotten to it.
Logan's lion :)
The playful bobcat!
Mom Mom & Logan at the Hereford Lighthouse
OK, I took this and just fell in love with it soo...
I just had to do a black & white one too :)
The view from our hotel :)
Day 2 Monday June 22
Cape May Day! I just love Cape May! It's my favorite time going on vacation! We did the town this time and the little shops. Was very pretty with water fountains and a small dedication for fisherman. Logan got a John Deer dump truck for $60 at the local toy shop! My mom got us jackets since it was still chilly and a few shirts for herself and one for me. Logan got some little stuff. Then it was off to the lighthouse, gosh those steps. I don't think we will do the lighthouse next year since we have done it yet again. Then it was off to sunset Beach, my favorite place in Cape May. Love the shop there, they got really neat different things that you can't find around here. You know me, I like being DIFFERENT! So I got a couple things there :) Logan played on the beach of rocks for a little bit then it was off to the Tower that was just restored. Logan was totally thrilled about being able to go up in the tower. It was used in World War 2 along with the bunker on the beach. He's such a history buff! But I'm glad he's like that. Then it was off to Higbee Beach to find railroad tracks, I'll continue this story since at this point we didn't find them. Higbee is a cute little beach, about 3 miles long I'm guessing. We got to see the migration of the horse show crabs, was pretty neat. And we found some interesting stuff on the walk along the beach.
Then it was back to Wildwood for showers and we headed down to the piers for a night of rides! We rode from 5 to 12 pm. And at one point, Logan got stuck on his favorite roller coaster! Was pretty funny! He also did go carts alone for the first time. Twice at the oval track and then a road course. Was so funny, he went along at first and as we were walking away a guy gave him a ticket and he went with the 3 of them. My mom told them to be careful he was just still a child and she should have warned Logan to be careful. He was all over the place and keeping up with them. I was really impressed. AS the night went on, my mom and I got tired and more tired yet Logan was still going. We ended up sitting down on the little gazebo they have near the bumper cars. There was this man sleeping and you know me, I thought it was funny has hell and had to get a picture. He was there for at least a half hour, cause that's how long we were there. Then it was off for the hotel, getting in around 12:20 am.
Logan at Sunset Beach ( Or the rock beach as I call it )
The World War 2 tower
Logan just loved this!
He was looking at the lighthouse :)
Higbee Beach, from West Cape May
Mr. Crabs :)
Logan stuck on his favorite coaster lol
Whoo hoo, my favorite ride. OK well one of them :)
Love this picture! After 6 times of trying I finally got the one I wanted :) Go me!
All I have to say is "Logan your going to slide down anyway, just let go."
OK this was a cool setting on my camera, but again took some time folling with it! Love how Logan is still & everything around him is blurred! One of my favorite pictures I took while on vaca.
Can someone say "TEA CUPS" WHOOOOO HOOOOOO! LOL
Logan's favorite ride :)
Day 3 Tuesday June 23
Bikes on the boardwalk started our day out. Again, I was tired by the end. LOL Because there was a storm system off the coast and a new moon, there was a lot of beach flooding. Was pretty neat to see the water coming up to the boardwalk, but made a messing walk down to the beach. The sand in Wildwood isn't all that good anyway, so with the coastal flooding it was even worse. After the bikes we went over to Cape May to look around at some of the other stuff I wanted to try on our next trip. Found out that the train place was closed, Cold Spring Village was boring, and that a 3 hour boat ride in rough water will make Cheri sick! I was ok til we got further out in the ocean. We were about 20 miles off the coast of Cape May and ohhh, my belly was just feeling awful. So I went below to sit for a little. Bad move, there was a couple with their grand daughter, she was getting sick in the trash can, grandmother was on the side of the boat getting sick and the grandfather was in the bathroom. So I went back up and sat as far in the middle as I could. We seen a lot of dolphins, but no whales. Kinda upsetting! Before the grandmother got sick, I was talking to her, this was her third time out and no whales. So I don't think we will pay the money to go out that far again, plus I did the speed boat just fine.
Once back in Wildwood, we went to the beach. Logan wanted to see the tide come in. While we were on the rides the night before, Logan and I noticed a cut in the beach near where we were staying. I'm not sure if it was there because they put it there or it was from the flooding but it looked like a canal in the sand. So we went there and I'm glad we did. The tide came up filling up this little canal and Logan just had a BLAST! My mom and I had to keep moving our chairs so the water wouldn't get us, was fun! And I got tons of pictures!
Dolphins!
My lil man on the boat, he loved it!
Beach time!
This is my favorite of Logan on the beach
Cheese!
Totally cool picture, again took some playing with ;)
This is another one I like
Logan on his 'island' in the canal LMAO!
Nothing runs like a John Deer :)
The tide coming in
Pretty black & white of the water park & rides
Another of Logan with the sun going down.
Day 4 Wednesday June 24
After waiting for the pool to be ready, Logan and I got in for about a hour. Then back to the room for showers. Once up on the boardwalk we played skeeball. Then to do the rides, again! LOL Logan loves the rides and the tickets were just $25 a day so you can't beat that price. Then went over Cape May, for the third time. This time we had picture's taken on the beach! What fun :) Then it ws over to Sunset Beach to watch the sun set and it was AMAZING! We also had to walk up the beach towards Higbee Beach to find those train tracks. Little did I know you could get to Higbee Beach from Sunset Beach and about 20 steps from there was the train tracks we been looking for. So easy! I felt dumb! LOL Logan was THRILLED! Then it was back to the room for a game of Sorry.
Me & my lil man at Sunset Beach. Best place for sunsets!
TRAIN TRACKS! AMEN!!! LOL
I just had to keep getting my picture taken with the sunset ( thanks Mom )
Me yet again!
Logan & I, Sunset Beach
Logan all happy & excited, he found coal!
The lighthouse from the watch tower
Tower at night
Logan in front of the sign for the tower
Day 5 Thursday June 25
Busy... busy... busy... is the topic of today. Started off by Logan ridding a bike on the boardwalk. From the water park where we spent 4 hours to the beach where we spent another 4 hours. We got a umbrella this time, because my mom was already pretty sunburned and I was feeling I was going to get that way too. Even with sun block on. Then it was back to the room to ride yet more rides. But because of my mom and I being so sun burned the night was cut short. She had to go back to the room and I got to the point where I couldn't walk.
Speed racer :)
Logan at the water park
Slide time :)
Logan playing
Logan & Mom Mom at the beach
Logan & I at the beach
HOT LEGS! Literlly, she was soo burned!
The pier in black & white
Day 6 Friday June 26
Ready for home! After Logan ridding a bike again, we played some skeeball, got his prize and pretzels for the car ride home. We stopped at the John Deer place for Logan to spend some money he still had left over from the beach and he was in heaven! Seeing a TON of stuff he wanted! Settled for two trackers and a camo hat!
We had a great time, but it's always nice coming home too. To relax! We didn't stopped from the time we got there til the time we left. And when we did we slept! Our next adventure will be Fourth of July week, when I have off. I have a photo session, doing the forts again, Cape Henolopen and Fort Miles. Plus movies! So we'll be busy again!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Our trip to Wildwood :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Cheri! I just checked my email in my other mailbox(don't check it but once in a blue moon!)and saw that you have a blog.:) So nice to see the beautiful pics of you and your lil man! Quite the photog you are! I'm glad to see you're enjoying your summer so much! We will have to make it over to your neck of the woods one of these days! Visit me sometime over at http://mizznikkisnonsense.blogspot.com . I try to update as often as I can! I know how that motherhood thing tends to take up so much time! Anyway...hope to hear from you soon!((((HUGS!)))
Post a Comment